- Patient Information & Bill Pay
- St. John's Physician Practices
- Find a Doctor
- Departments & Services
- Patient Services
- Wellness Services
- Living Center
- Hospital Departments
- Emergency Department
LIFESTEPS Weight Management
St John’s Medical Center is pleased to provide the LIFESTEPS Weight Management Program.
LIFESTEPS is a comprehensive weight management program that stresses the importance of diet, physical activity, and behavior modification techniques for weight loss. LIFESTEPS combines nutrition, physical activity and group support to assist participants in their weight loss goals. The 16 week program is taught in small group settings, facilitated by a registered dietitian, and integrates cognitive-behavioral strategies to help individuals make lifelong changes in eating and physical activity.
New Lifesteps Weight Management classes begin June 4
• Classes meet Tuesdays, 5:30 - 6:30 pm
• Programs led by St. John’s registered dietitians
• $350 fee covers course materials, 16 weeks of motivational and educational classes, coaching, and an 11-week maintenance support program
• Appropriate for most weight-loss goals
Program participants will work to develop skills in:
• Self monitoring - using food and activity records to observe specific behaviors
• Goal Setting - analyzing current behaviors and make changes
• Behavioral Strategies - identifying and changing negative attitudes, beliefs and expectations about eating, activity and weight management
• Relapse Prevention Training - managing high risk situations that may trigger negative behavior patterns.
Through LIFESTEPS participants develop and utilize strategies for successful long-term behavior change in their lives.