ST. JOHN'S COMPLETES PHARMACY EXPANSION
St. John's Medical Center is pleased to announce the completion of
the St. John's Pharmacy expansion. "An expanded and modernized
clinical pharmacy is important for all St. John's patients,"
said St. John's CEO Louis Hochheiser, MD. "It is especially important
for cancer patients because it enhances safety for our chemotherapy drug
preparation and administration process."
The new Pharmacy features:
• Two dedicated sterile medication preparation rooms. One room is
for the preparation of chemotherapy pharmaceuticals; the other will be
used for the preparation of intravenous (IV) medications.
• An anteroom to access the new medication prep rooms, featuring
a state-of-the-art air filtration system
• Expanded workspace for pharmacy staff
• Dedicated pharmacy restroom, as required by code
• New pharmacy staff office and storage room, to be completed later
Due to its scale and location, the Pharmacy renovation was able to proceed
concurrently with the redesign process for the Oncology, Obstetrics and
Surgical Services facilities expansion.